Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Music Video

Music Video Blog



<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

        Our concept for the music video was to make a fast paced street race, getaway, with a bank heist tone of video. we wanted to have something fast paced because we thought that everyone else would have a slower romantic video so our group wanted too catch the viewers attention and keep them engaged with whats happening on the screen. Something else that our group wanted to do was add some form of comedy into the video so that people would want to watch instead of having to watch. The song that we chose was Ball Room Blitz By The Sweet, our idea behind this music is that their is not much words and its was fast pace. the music not having any words helped us because we did not have to memorize and lip synch anything accept for a few words in the beginning.

         The process behind making this video first started off with the ideas, so we allot together and started to give ideas. I think that everyone on my group wanted to have the fast paced music video so their was no issue with trying to convince people to change their ideas. Carson already had a list of music ideas and we created the beat sheet to Ballroom Blitz because that was a unanimus decision. we then worked on the story boards while still coming up with ideas George and Spence Sid that they would use their cars and be actors. I recently got a new car which is the 350z in the video. But their was a problem with this, I was the cinematogropher and I was not going to let anyone be behind the wheel of my car 1 because I don't want anyone to wreck it and 2 I would lose the car because thats my parents rule, so this caused a problem because the group wanted to have my car in the video which lead to Carson the only one behind camera. 

         something that I learned along the way was to go to party city or a costume shop to get supplies. I went to party city and got masks based on car color and personality, I think that getting the props like the diamonds and the masks helped be even better than it could have been. technical skills where all used during this production because everyone become really good friends so we stopped if someone didn't like that idea so we reassessed the situation to fix the problems, we also had a group chat and communicated the ideas and the locations allot better than the last video team I was in. 

         Something that I would do the same is be with this group. I say this because the group all had diverse ideas so we made something that we all liked instead of someone in the group not lining the ideas and not participating like last time. Something that I would do different would be change the candy too stacks of cash and diamonds so that it would be really good and not feel like a high school film it would feel a lot more professional than what it became. Although we did use the diamonds that I bought too add some comedy into the video. The other big thing that I did not like in the video Is that I am really really short compared to everyone else and I know their is nothing that I can do about my height but we could-have hired a taller actor too make it look better. 

       experiences That I would gather is go and get some good props for the videos and too hire some actors instead of having the group as the actors this way we could've all been behind the camera and shared thoughts on that instead of letting the video turn into a high school video words the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment